Monday, August 4, 2014

The Incredible Tomato Harvest




 
This year has been a phenomenal tomato year. We just had a barbeque and got some really awesome compliments on the food. One guest asked me what was in my tomato salad (tomatoes, onions and salt!). My secret ingredient, of course, is the local, organic, artisanal, small-batch (insert another overused word here!), heirloom tomatoes I grow in my backyard. They taste completely different from the store bought ones.

This year we also planted cilantro and purple basil, which looked beautiful. It even looked like an ornamental plant. Next year I want to try out cucumbers. I hear you can't go wrong with cucumbers. But what I'm really looking forward to is picking ripe fruit off my fruit trees. My husband got carried away and planted eight of them earlier this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment