Saturday, August 30, 2014

Still broken fence at the playground

I was bummed to see that not only is the fence at the Shepherd Parkway playground still largely non-existent, it is now becoming a health hazard. Some of the fence posts have been bent sideways, making them into things my baby could bang his little head on. They were wrapped in orange police tape. So at least my baby might see it before he hits his head on it.

But really? A torn out fence poses a big enough hazard at a playground. All of the other DC playgrounds that I've been to have iron wrought fence aka some more durable than what we had at our playground. Without a fence, any ball that is thrown is liable to fall into the busy Malcolm X St down below. I asked at the ANC meeting we had months ago with the National Park Ranger about plans to put in another fence. I was told it was in the works.

I guess I'll have to post a picture to 311 with my child playing next to the "fence" and see if the city responds like that innovative parent, who put their children in a sinkhole.

No comments:

Post a Comment