Friday, July 25, 2014

SE Staycation continues: Anacostia Library, Food Trucks, Martha's Outfitters and more

I don't always have the time to enjoy the loveliness that is EOTR during the workweek. So I am happy to say that I had more success hanging out in the neighborhood yesterday and today.

Today I scored a four dollar Ann Taylor suit at Martha's Outfitter after having a late breakfast at Nurish! Nice. I came home and prepared a picnic for later this evening with the family. We're going to the Yards waterfront concert that starts at 6:30pm. My favorite. 


Yesterday, I visited the Anacostia Library for the first time. I walked there with my baby, but that was a mistake! I'm a walker, and yesterday was good walking weather, but, dang, that library was a good ways away. It took us three buses to get back home! That's how far away we were. Lol. There's probably a shorter way back. We just caught the first bus that came because my feet were killing me. Otherwise, I liked the library. It's new and airy and has a little corner for children to play and read books in.

Oh, I also went to the food truck event that takes place, I'm guessing, 11am to 1pm-ish on every Thursday at Gateway Pavilion, for the first time. I was surprised to see a good number of people purchasing/having lunch there. I bought a bag full of produce--peaches, blueberries, fresh raisin walnut bread and more--for super cheap, $13 bucks! I'm sure the peaches would have cost me that much at Whole Foods by themselves. Thanks EOTR!

No comments:

Post a Comment