Wednesday, July 23, 2014

SE Staycation!: Day 1

I could be going to see dinosaurs on staycation, but I'm not! :)

I took a couple days off work with plans to go the beach with my husband and baby. Unfortunately, it didn't work out with my husband's schedule! So I'm spending the next couple of days hanging out at home. Best decision ever.

I told my coworkers of my plans:  cleaning the house, sleeping in, still dropping the baby off at daycare to get stuff done. One of my coworkers, who also has kids, told me not to let things get out of hand. Lol.

I am happy to report that I had a successful first day on staycation. By that I mean, I took a four-hour nap. In addition to sleeping the hot summer afternoon away. I also managed to read my favorite blogs, clean the first floor of the house and do some laundry in the morning.

I always brag about my big, beautiful and affordable house. However, the downside of having such a big, beautiful home, is that there is always something to clean. I cleaned four of ten rooms in our house today, so I think I put in a pretty big dent on the to-do list. I had planned to cook something delicious for dinner, but I ran out of time! After my nap, it was time to go pick up my sugar lump at school.

Tomorrow I plan on cleaning the second floor of the house, and on Friday, I want to do some deep cleaning, like cleaning out the fridge. I'm actually not the type of person, who likes cleaning, but, once in a while, it's kind of nice to just turn on the radio, do a little manual labor, and not think about anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment