Thursday, November 6, 2014

An application high school EOTR?

After reading about the renovations at Ballou, I was trying to recall a statistic about the number of children from Ward 7 and 8 that attend schools WOTR. I couldn't find the number I was looking for. But I'm pretty sure it's a really big number, which is absolutely shameful.

Instead I found other statistics in an interesting letter from the Hillcrest Civic Community Association, asking DCPS and the city council to consider establishing an application middle school or high school EOTR.

39% of school age students in DC live EOTR. EOTR students constitute 30% of the students at half of DC application schools, none of which are located in Ward 7 or 8.

The letter was written a year. I didn't see any further information saying whether conversation ensued.  But I wanted to share it on here as an interesting way to entice EOTR students back closer to home.


No comments:

Post a Comment