Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Saturday: Water Slides and Family Fun at Gateway

I got a flyer today for a Safe Summer Kick-Off at the Gateway Pavilion for this Saturday, June 28 from noon to 5 pm. There will be water slides, activities, summer camp registration, and refreshments!

I was just complaining how there isn't a kid friendly space on that pavilion :) I guess I spoke to soon.

There really is a need for more family activities nearby. We go to the playground at Sheppard Parkway on MLK and Malcolm X, but every time I go I spend the first 15 minutes cleaning it up. My baby really likes those swings, and I really like the trees in that park, so we make it work.

It would be really cool if there was a splash park or a kid friendly fountain in the neighborhood too. We usually go to the Yards Park or Canal Park to play in the fountains there. So much fun!

In the time being, Saturday's event will likely satisfy the need for fun activities close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment